Why choose St Mary's University?
Why choose St Mary's University
Top 10 in UK for student experience (Sunday Times Good University Guide 2024)
98% of graduates in employment, vocation or further study within 15 months of graduation (HESA 2023)
Top 5 in UK for teaching quality (Sunday Times Good University Guide 2024)
100% online part-time learning
Pay your fees per module, as you go
10 industry-focused MBA specialisations
Get in touch
Start-up a new career in entrepreneurship with St Marys’ 100% online MBA in Entrepreneurship
The entrepreneurship specialisation comprises three courses designed to equip you with specialist knowledge, skills, and the practical ability to establish new venture start-ups, support new businesses, or assist existing enterprises seeking growth. You will learn how to turn an idea into a reality by implementing core business and operational strategies; understand the key financial challenges entrepreneurial ventures face; and how to leverage various funding options to start new ventures or support and finance existing enterprises.
You’ll develop your capacity to:
- develop and use an entrepreneurial mindset and generate innovative business ideas by conducting market research, identifying target customers, and analysing competition
- assess the feasibility and viability of a business idea using tools and techniques, including conducting a SWOT analysis and developing a business model canvas
- design a comprehensive financial plan for starting and operating a business, integrating forecasting techniques for revenue and expenses, cash flow management strategies, and funding options
- construct a comprehensive business plan that clearly outlines the strategies, objectives, and key performance indicators necessary to operationalise the business model
- develop and apply financial management strategies for SMEs, including working capital and cash liquidity management
- critically evaluate investment opportunities for SMEs by analysing decision-making processes in private equity, venture capitalism, and managerial economics.
And grow your career
With a programme designed for you
Gain a deep understanding of operations management and how it is critical to your success in any field, from consulting to entrepreneurship to general management. You’ll explore the major problems and decision processes of operations management such as operations strategy, process and capacity planning, facilities planning, aggregate planning, materials planning, and quality planning.